
In characteristic style, Colin continued on his "winning streak" Monday morning with a successful bronchoscopy of his airway following his surgery.
The procedure lasted about 20 minutes, and Dr. Cotton and his team were satisfied with the results and the current status of airway following the LTP surgery that took place on 3/31. Besides expected swelling around the vocal-cord area, the surgery site looked "good," according to Dr. Cotton.
The next step in this journey will be next Monday when Colin and Daddy will fly back to Cincinnati for another scope of his airway. This will be the first of a long routine of airway scopes performed by Colin's surgeons, as a precautionary measure, to ensure everything is growing and progressing as expected.
Colin was treated to a surprise visit by Grandmom Carol and Pop-Pop Bill on Monday. Colin enjoyed some long awaited snuggle-time following his procedure and found a new favorite snack, Animal Crackers. Along with Daddy and Pop-Pop, Colin devoured nearly the entire bag before we left the hospital. We all enjoyed a great lunch in chilly Cincinnati before we started the drive back to Texas.
At 12:45, today, we pulled in, safe at home. We plan on enjoying the next few days as a family and adjusting back to normal...only to make another swing at Cincinnati next week.
Again, thank you for all of your thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers. Another part of this amazing, emotional, and loving journey is now complete. We look forward with high hopes, carried by your emotional and spiritual support.
With Love,
Dan & Nicole
8 comments:
So happy to hear you are back in TX safely...I bet it was some homecoming! Get some much needed rest and enjoy being all together with Grace and Emma & Tex.
Love,
Lori
Just heard the great news from Lee Ann that you got home today. She said Colin looks wonderful. Can't wait to see all of you this weekend. The prayers will continue for Colin and other children who need them.
Alice & Jim
Welcome back to TEXAS!!!! So glad to hear that you made it home...I am sure it was great to see the girls, and sure they were thrilled to see you guys!!! If you need ANYTHING please call....I can't wait to see Colin....Maybe we all can get together in the next few weeks. Get some much needed R&R, and give me a call when you can. We will continue to pray for Colin and all of you as a happy, healthy family.
Love,
Megan
Thank you so much for bringing Colin up to see us today. I really needed to see him! I'm so happy for you all and really proud of Colin. I love you guys!
Mrs. Fair
Welcome home! What wonderful news. I am so glad that y'all are back home with all the family! Enjoy it and get some good rest!
Karen Smith
We are very relieved that everything went as planned and that you are all back home safe and sound. What a special moment it must have been for "everyone" when you arrived after being away for so long.
I hope you will continue with updates and photos as it is the first thing I check every morning.
Love,
Jan and Mark
Ready for your next swing at Cincinnati. Kole can't wait to play with "Tolin". I miss you guys! I can't wait for one of those good hugs from Colin! Also, no offense Dan, but I wish it was Nicole coming up next week! I really miss her!
Kelly :o)
I hope you liked the cookies...I thought the cars fit you! Well, good luck on Monday, can't wait to hear how things go. Prayers are still coming and hope that you and your family had a relaxing week together! Hope see you all soon!
Love,
Megan
Post a Comment