After a rough start early Saturday morning, Colin has been able to give the fever a run for the money.
Throughout Saturday, Colin's fever came down gradually and settled at a comfortable 99F. Colin showed good improvement yesterday by not only bringing the fever down, but also breathing a little bit above his ventilator settings, which is a good sign of things to come.
Overnight, Saturday, Colin was up to his usual antics to making certain the nurses are earning their pay. Since they are starting to slowly come down off the sedatives, Colin took full advantage and started to wake up a bit on his own. The doctors still want him to be still through tomorrow, where the plan remains to downsize the ventilator tube and scope his airway to see how the LTP procedure has progressed over a week's time. On Tuesday, the plan is to take him off the ventilator completely, and let Colin breathe on his own, trach-free.
This morning, Colin has been calm and comfortable. But we are sure that his is simply building up his energy to climb the curtains come Tuesday.
Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. We will continue to keep everyone posted as Colin progresses.
With Love,
Dan & Nicole
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YOU GO COLIN! Way to show that fever who is boss. I can't wait to see pictures on tuesday of Colin breathing on his own. WOW, he has come such a long way. Off to church with Gracie and Emma....as always you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, The Kellys
That fever is surely outta there! I hope it stays out too! Good job Colin showing who is the boss at the PICU! Hardly waiting for the pics to come! Keep writing! Keep on giving the fever a ru for his money Colin!
Hugs and Kisses from NJ,
The Kosyla Clan
xoxoxo
Kick that fever to the curb!!!!!And it was never heard from again!!
Good to hear each hurdle is overcome,soon the last one will be what are you going to do with the (Where is Colin's nose time. Please allow me a suggestion...Knitting,stamp collection,you are due some BOREDOM!!!!Prayers are still following thanks for the update KISSES Susi
I love the website, from your stories you have shared as well as the comments here I can tell you have an amazing support system! I'm so glad that I have been able to get to know you & your family over the past week as well as take care of my FAVORITE little man at work...MR. COLIN!!! I even feel like I know Grace & Emma although I haven't been able to meet "Mommy's monkeys" yet! I will be so glad when I come back on Friday & can talk & play with him. (I don't think I've ever said glad & come back back to work in the same sentence...LOL) Have a very HAPPY TUESDAY when you finally get to talk with Colin again! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers!
Kelly PICU RN
P.S. Grace & Emma if your Grandma is reading this to you, you mom & dad talk about you ALL of the time!
Dan...GO REDS!
Hey Gradys! Glad to hear Colin is improving and also that his personality is still there and strong even with the meds. Just think Nicole and Dan, Colin will be breathing all on his own, that is what you have always wished for him and now is the time - he is going to do GREAT!!!!! Soon Colin will be swimming like a fish and doing all the wonderful things boys do.
love to you both,
Mary Kay
Post a Comment