Sunday, April 13, 2008

You Wanna Have a Go?




Throughout the day Saturday and into Sunday, Colin made it very clear to the majority of the nurses and doctors that come and visit him; "I want to go home."

Although Colin is enjoying a few hours a day in the playroom along with several long walks around the hospital campus, the stubborn Irishman that he is, Colin finds it necessary to drop the gloves for any stranger that walks into his room.

To say Colin is not the happiest right now, was proven last night. One room over, there is an 18 month old that cried for several hours last night. At 3:30AM, with his eyes closed, Colin sat up in bed, turned towards the wall of where the screeching screams were coming from and not so politely screamed, "SHUT-UP!" Once this bit of aggression was out, Colin threw his covers over his head and covered his ears until he fell back to sleep.

So far today, we enjoyed a breakfast in the cafeteria, which was a nice break from the staring at the white walls of his room. Following breakfast, we spent about two hours in the playroom, where Colin enjoyed playing with trains, and pretending to be a doctor.

We anticipate an early Monday morning, where another bronchoscopy will be conducted by Dr. Cotton and staff. Since Colin is off nearly all of his withdraw medication, and we have not experienced any major issues, we are anticipating good news tomorrow and trust that the direction that the doctors want Colin to follow in the coming days, weeks, months, and years to follow.

We thank you for your continued thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes for Colin. They are carrying him through this amazing journey.

With Love,

Dan & Nicole

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy everything is going so well! He is such an Irish boy. I can't wait to see him and I'm so thrilled you all are doing well. I enjoy the updates and will be praying for you tomorrow!
Love you guys,
Mrs. Fair

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Colin looks great. We'll be praying that all goes well tomorrow.

Alice & Jim

Lori said...

"Ain't no stopping him now!" We sure the news you hear tomorrow will be positive as it can be. Colin has taken this on with incredible spirit - Dad and Mom have taken it on with incredible strength. We'll be praying for you all and looking forward to the next update.

Love and Hugs from NJ,
Lori, Steve, Christina, Ryan & Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, Your big boy bed awaits your--clean sheets and all. Your big sister's and I can't wait to see.
Hugs and Kisses
Love Grandma

PS: I'm glad to see that the good Canadian Scotsman in you continues to shines through. SMILE...DAN

Susi said...

You look so-o good Colin!!!!! I know you can't wait to go home and see your sisters and your friends and all of your many admirers back in Texas.You've proven that you can fight through every obstacle. You'll be home real soon, I know it! Love and Kisses Susi

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin...The Kleiman kids can't wait to see you again. Your picture is on our fridge and they have some pretty interesting conversations with that picture. Yesterday Mitchell told you it was a good thing that you have no brothers...ha! We're thinking of you...take care!
-Jen

billy bob said...

Hahaha! The second paragraph made me laugh!Colin ready did show that baby that the only noise coming from the hospital was him! Keep the blogs coming! Love you guys!

Love,
Jenna
xoxoxoxo

Kelly... said...

Hi guys! I miss you already! I'm so glad you got to head home today but I can't wait until you come back next week to visit me! I'm wishing for safe travels & lots of happiness for your WHOLE family when you see each other tomorrow!
Love you guys!
Colin's Favorite Nurse ;o)
Kelly