Thursday, April 3, 2008

Newest "Naked Neck" Club Member


During a routine shift change check of Colin and his IV's, bandages, wires, etc., we were able to get a couple pictures of Colin's neck. No trach!! Just a small incision approximately 2.5" long. The surgeon was able to remove his stoma during the LTP procedure. As Colin grows, it is anticipated that the incisions will appear as a small neck crease.
Just as an update on the battle with the fever, Colin's temperature has come down a bit to 100F. The cultures that were taken still show no signs of growth or infection, which is a good thing all around. Throughout today, Colin has been very restful. He only woke up once, just to make his presence known, and calmly went back to sleep.

Again, we want to thank each of you for your continued thoughts, well-wishes and prayers for Colin. They are helping him and supporting us in so many ways.
With Love,
Dan & Nicole

5 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful sight!! Resting peacefully without a trach - PRICELESS!! Thanks for the update, still praying that the fever goes away soon. Hope you are taking advantage of the quiet and getting rest yourselves. Stay strong!

Love & Hugs from NJ,
Lori

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see him resting peacefully. The incision looks really good, already! Hope you got some rest today, I see he did! God is with him every step of the way...and has been from the first day of his life. Love from Texas....
Megan

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Colin daily.
He looks like he is resting well and the incision looks great. We will continue to keep all of your in our daily prayers and look forward to seeing you all the next time we're in texas.

God Bless
Maryann and Carmen

Anonymous said...

Colin looks great, I am so glad to hear that the fever is under control. I know how much that worries you :) I pray that he has a good night and rests well. I am looking forward to Sunday for him!

Karen Smith

Susi said...

Hey How great is this!!!!I'm BURSTING OVER HERE!!!!The updates and posts have been good reading. Especially the humor laced in. Keep laughing we got you covered on the prayer end. Kisses around!!
love Susi