Monday, March 31, 2008

The Big Day



Greetings from wet and chilly Cincinnati.

Colin's procedure started approximately 12 Noon, EST. The surgeons are anticipating about a four hour procedure.

At 1:15PM, we were just updated that Colin's scope went according to plan, and now the next step is taking the rib cartlidge for use in the LTP procedure.

We will keep everyone updated on Colin's progress as we receive word.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers...please keep them coming, not only for Colin, but also Grace and Emma.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. We are thinking about y'all and praying!

Karen Smith

Traci said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well. We are thinking of you often and continue to pray for you all. Emma and Grace are doing well. We miss you and love ya!
Mrs. Fair

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we can keep up to date on everything. Colin is in our thoughts and prayers! Love, Mary Obregon

MKFitch said...

Hello from Virginia,
We are glad to hear Colin's surgery is going well. Colin looks so big and healthy in the pictures! This day has been a long time coming and I know it isn't easy, but just remember Colin has always done so well healing after all his surgeries. He is such a tough kid (he must get that from Nicole, because we know how Dan handles pain :0).
We are praying for everyone!
Also, Hello to Emma and Grace in Texas - we miss you!
Love to you all,
Mary Kay

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you sent me this site. The pics of the kids are incredible. Colin looks well and I KNOW that all will continue to be well with him. He's been on my mind all day. I have asked for prayers from all the faithful that I work with. One teacher (and neighbor/friend), in particular, wrote down Colin's name to submit in the prayer book at her Church's adoration chapel.
You've got quite a prayer chain going and as I said before - I just KNOW - that Colin will be better than ever!!! Please know that we are praying for all because we realize that this stress is felt throughout the entire family. Love you - keep us posted :) !!
CA

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Colin. I put you on the prayer chain at my church.
Love,
Mrs. Bass

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, glad to hear things are going according to plan. Hope the remaining surgery is over quickly and that you guys get some much needed rest tonight. There are SO many people praying for all of you. Love, Lori
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

We love the updates and of course can't stop thinking of you. The girls are doing great and we are anxiously awaiting word from Cincinnati.Love, The Kellys

theholdens said...

Colin, you are one strong little guy! We are waiting to hear the good news about surgery #1, and we know you are surrounded by many angels. Hugs from The Holdens